Descriptive Essay Topics
Classrooms use descriptive essays on a regular basis. Using concise literature you describe a specific event or location purely from memory. Often, tutors utilise these descriptive essay topics to help clarify a specific place or event. Other times, students test themselves on their ability to utilise crystal clear wording and targeted, impactful sentences. Coming up with these topics is complex, purely down to the fact it's such a broad field.
Describing something is difficult because it's easy to lessen the interest of the reader. All it takes is a lack of emphasis at a crucial point and your essay has lost its flow and its focus. No reader in Canada wants to pore over something tiresome. This is why literary devices and emphasis is essential to creating powerful descriptive essays. Ideally, broad topics are best as they encompass a wide range of different descriptive techniques.
At the same time, make sure to base your topic on an interesting subject. If the reader isn't grasped from the very beginning it's hard to hold their attention throughout the piece.
Here are 50 different descriptive essay topics for use in the classroom:Download this list
- Describe an experience of war.
- Give an account for how you would approach a violent situation.
- Outline your daily routine.
- Talk about a difficult situation you have overcome.
- Talk about why your favourite film is your favourite.
- Describe your ultimate dream.
- Discuss what would living in a world with no people would be like.
- Outline an experience of taking drugs.
- Outline how you felt during and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- How did you feel when you lost a loved one?
- Imagine what it would be like to live in a foreign country.
- Describe what it would be like to live under an oppressive regime.
- Outline what life would be like in the army.
- Describe how it feels to live in a world without darkness.
- Outline the people who are important to you.
- Outline the objects which are important to you.
- Describe the first day of school.
- Outline what you can smell whilst walking through the countryside.
- Outline what you can hear whilst underground.
- What would a world after a nuclear war be like?
- What would a world after global warming be like?
- What would living during the American Civil War be like?
- Describe the impact of an alcohol addiction.
- Describe what a house fire would be like.
- Outline your favourite holiday.
- Describe your dream job.
- Describe how to make a sandwich.
- Outline what it's like to be bullied.
- Outline what makes somebody evil.
- Describe what a car looks like.
- Outline what you would buy with a million dollars.
- What would you wish for with three wishes?
- Give an account of the Book of Genesis.
- Outline Christianity.
- Describe England.
- Describe what being a celebrity would be like.
- What does love feel like?
- Describe your ideal life.
- Describe your favourite pet.
- What does happiness feel like?
- Outline what you can see on a plane ride.
- What would you do if you ruled the world?
- Describe your favourite person.
- What would your ideal meal be?
- Outline magic.
- What would your ideal ability be?
- What are the differences between France and America?
- What are the differences between Mexico and America?
- Describe your favourite plant.
- What animal would you like to be?
Why Choose Us
- We provide 100% original custom written papers according to your paper's details.
- Ability to communicate with your personal writer via our messaging system at any time.
- 24/7 customer support center available to answer your questions or address your issues.
- Secure and safe payment processing procedures.
- Exceptional high quality papers delivered on time at an affordable rate.
- Invaluable discount options for saving you money
- Customer confidentiality and satisfaction are our priority - 100% guaranteed!
|15+ pages||5% OFF|
|51+ pages||10% OFF|
|101+ pages||15% OFF|
"I don't know what I would have done without your service...I was running out of time and couldn't find the research I needed for my paper- your writer included some of the most accurate and credible resources for my paper it impressed even my Philosophy professor! Can't thank you enough."
- "With all my other commitments I was having a hard time keeping up with all my coursework assignments-using your service and being assigned a brilliant writer who understood my needs enabled me to not only 'catch up' but helped me to maintain my A average."